masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Well... strong start for me this year... first race was 5:05.91 in the 1500... Felt surprisingly strong, especially since the race was at 6000+ altitude.

Hope to run a couple meets near sea level... Should be able easily move under 5 there... Now to get under 5 for the mile...

8)

-Kelly

Top Top

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Any updates Kelly?

Top Top

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:15 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Runner wrote:
Any updates Kelly?

Next race is July 10... I haven't run a mile since may 30... Just not a lot of opportunities in my neck of the woods...

Also tweaked my hamstring, so I had to take roughly 2 weeks off...

I will post when something interesting happens... At least better than "ran 7 easy"...

Thanks!

Top Top

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:25 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Well... I was silly yesterday...

Early in the AM, I did some progression miles for a workout... warmup, 3xmile each faster, and a cool down... Not a killer workout, but it had some bite...

Then in the afternoon I find out at the last minute I can run an all comers track meet... So, of course, I did...

1500 was only 5:13, but there were a bunch of high school kids and I got to race... finished like 3rd out of 12 or so...

Came back for an 800, cuz I am stupid like that... 2:28... 5th out of about 20... Felt like I should have been able to go around everyone on the last lap, but just didn't have the gear. First place was only 3 seconds ahead.

All of this was at 6300 feet elevation in moderately windy conditions...

So next weekend at sea level and being fresh should be better... I hope...

-Kelly

Top Top

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Wow Kelley. You're a beast! :D

Top Top

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

KellyDodge wrote:
Well... I was silly yesterday...

Early in the AM, I did some progression miles for a workout... warmup, 3xmile each faster, and a cool down... Not a killer workout, but it had some bite...

Then in the afternoon I find out at the last minute I can run an all comers track meet... So, of course, I did...

1500 was only 5:13, but there were a bunch of high school kids and I got to race... finished like 3rd out of 12 or so...

Came back for an 800, cuz I am stupid like that... 2:28... 5th out of about 20... Felt like I should have been able to go around everyone on the last lap, but just didn't have the gear. First place was only 3 seconds ahead.

All of this was at 6300 feet elevation in moderately windy conditions...

So next weekend at sea level and being fresh should be better... I hope...

-Kelly

Hey Kelly (this is Ken from RA)
I didn't notice that you had ALSO run the 800 that day. You truly are a beast! Easy does it bro.

Top Top

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:33 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Runner wrote:
Wow Kelley. You're a beast! :D

I dunno about being a beast... I felt more like a sore puppy today...

I had to take about 2 weeks off cuz of a tweaked hamstring... That meet showed me that I am about where I was before the break... didn't lose much...

It also showed me that I don't think sub 5 for the mile is possible for me yet... maybe 5:15 at sea level? I have one more workout (10-12 400s) that will help give me a clue, but I think that's what I will be shooting for in the next race...

I think if I was fresh I could have come very close to winning that 800... I'm gonna do my best to give it another try in 2 weeks I think...

-Kelly

Top Top

Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Well, the good news is that I knocked quite a bit off my time at Davis. I finished with a 5:09 in the mile...

The bad news is my hammy didn't quite make it... I went for the big sprint at the end, and it went tweak, so I ended up jogging/limping the last 75 or so... Lost 2 places and probably 3 or 4 seconds...

Dunno if it will be back together for Sacramento... I'm kinda bummed and excited both... Ah well...

-Kelly

Top Top