masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:46 am

Master Masters Athlete

After a very busy season I am finally getting caught up on my YouTube videos. Yesterday I posted my Javelin World Age(47)Record: 72.49m
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJdwhjv1 ... annel_page

In the next few weeks / months I will post another 10 to 12 new YouTube videos. Half of these will be training videos - footage from workouts this year - stretching, medicine ball exercises and javelin drills and throwing - especially this past month which has been absolutely phenominal. I have thrown 63m from a stand and 77m off my full "7 step" approach.
:)
I have been getting an increasing number of questions with regard how I train and what exercises I do, so hopefully this way I can answer some of the those inquries. I believe I am still able to throw because of how I train not because I am any freak of nature - although I might be a little eccentric.
:D
I sure hope my body can last a few more years. I can't wait to get my hands on that 700g "floater" javelin and throw in a competition - less than 32 months to go til I turn 50 - from past experience I throw 10m to 15m on top of what I can throw a 800g....hmmm
:)

Top Top
  Profile WWW