masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Sun May 23, 2010 8:04 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

Hello Everyone,

I am a 43 year old wanting to get back into sprinting. Can anyone recommend a decent all-weather track in or near Fairfield, CA that I can access a few times a week without risking a Trespassing charge?

There are some nice tracks locally, but they are all locked up like prisons. My attempts at contacting facility administrators have been fruitless.

Might there be any training groups within 25 miles that I could crash? I'll stay in lane 8...even 9, if need be.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Top Top

Mon May 24, 2010 10:02 am

Welcome back to competition. My daughter lives in that area and, like you, I have had a great deal of difficulty getting onto a track. The last few times that I was there, I was able to use the Vanden High track. However, according to my daughter, they are now locking that on occasion as well. She told me that they have built a brand new community track in Vacaville (about 10 miles down the road) at Al Patch park......corner of California and Peabody. Hope this helps. Train hard and keep that Delta "breeze" at your back.

Top Top

Mon May 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes, Roger. Yes!

My physical therapist told me about it this afternoon. I could not believe it.

They laughed at how stupid I was to be considering jumping fences.

I went straight there afterwards and got a short work out in. It's a nice 8-lane...kind of soft...all-weather track that is open to the public! I am told people rarely use it. It's sort of out of the way and just outside the Vacaville prison fences. I'll take it...feels a bit like Christmas :D.

Unfortunately, the Delta Breeze is impossible to keep at your back if you run further than one straightaway. That said, I will train hard.

I appreciate the guidance, Roger. Enjoy your evening.

Top Top