masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Today's workout was a 9.5 miles ride. Very strong bad steady. Need tomorrow as a rest day. Legs were very heavy after the ride.

Top Top

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Master Masters Athlete

It had rained before I rode today, so I really took my time in the turns, but I rode 9 miles in 35:40.....which wasn't bad for the conditions. Also wanted to get some activity in bad weather....so that I'm not terrified of the conditions. Knees are a bit stiff today, even after a rest day. Hope that goes away.

Top Top

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:09 am

Master Masters Athlete

Took yesterday as a rets day. Today was 9.5 miles on the Bike in about 38 minutes. Good effort and a steady ride. Think I need to start to pound the pedals a bit to get some strength back. Will try some shorter rides with increased intensity. wright is still holding steady.

Top Top

Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Today was a high activity day. Started this morning with a bike ride for 7.9 miles in 31 minutes. Good tempo and a steady ride. This afternoon I played 9 holes of golf with my wife and then went for another ride of 5 miles in a strong 18:12. Felt a lot better with the afternoon ride. I think I need to put more power into the rides rather than just getting the miles. See how I feel tomorrow.

Top Top

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Started slowly today. Maybe a hang over from yesterday's work. As I warmed up, I started to pick up the tempo and finished very strong. Did 8 miles in 31 minutes. Happy with the effort today. Weight also dropped a pound .....which is a good thing. Will start with body weight strength training next week.

Top Top

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:30 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Good job, man. Inspired to get out there.

Top Top

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Fidel,

How is your training coming along. Was thinking of you the other day. Haven't heard from you. Hope all is going well and your training is where you want it to be.

Dan

Top Top

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Rode an easy 7.5 miles today. Very windy and it was an effort into the wind. Got done in about 31 minutes. Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day....except for golf....see how I feel.

Top Top

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Weather for tomorrow is to be rain so I went out today for an easy 6.1 miles on the Bike. The wind was brutal and the east ride turned into a hard ride into the wind. Knees are a bit sore today. Played 18 holes of golf after the ride. Tired today.....see how tomorrow goes. Still looking to start body weight workouts next week.

Top Top

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Took yesterday as a rest day......needed it. Went out of the development for the 1st time and was doing well for 8.3 miles until I got run off the road by an impatient driver who didn't even stop. Got brought home by a good Samaritan. Wanted to get 12-13 miles in today, but didn't quite finish the way I wanted too. Lots of scrapes and a few bruises, but otherwise OK. Getting a bit stiff now. Will take lots of ibuprofen. See how tomorrow goes.

Top Top

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:50 am

Master Masters Athlete

Thought I would update. Lots of Road Rash from the Bike fall. Left knee was x-rayed and that came back negative. Still having difficulty walking and bending my knee but it's kinda getting better. May still need an MRI if it doesn't get a lot better soon. Obviously, I haven't done a thing but ice and rest since Friday.

Top Top

Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Master Masters Athlete

The knee is feeling better so I went on an easy Bike ride for 8.2 miles. Just enough to work up a sweat. Felt good to get back outside. Will try to get some work done this week before a weeks vacation....like I need more rest...lol. Weight is still coming down a bit. Not where I want it to be, but getting there.

Top Top

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Felt pretty good today, so I rode for 11.5 miles on the Bike. Legs were good. Pretty windy so it was tough going at times but got through it. Weight this AM was 225....down from 232 just last week. I feel that I'm eating enough to workout and still lose some LBs.

Top Top

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Master Masters Athlete

A little tired today, so I only went 6.5 miles on the Bike. Tomorrow will probably be a rest day.....getting a lot of company from the North....seems they like FL at this time of year...lol. Weight is steady this AM.

Top Top

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Took yesterday as rest.

Played golf this AM, then hit the Bike this afternoon for 9.1 miles. Had 4 x 1:30 accelerations. Hit them pretty hard and they felt good. Weight is still holding steady....even after a few adult beverages....lol.

Top Top