masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Today I put 14.1 miles on the Bike. Hit a couple of PRs along the way. Good solid ride. Felt good.

Top Top

Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Did an Easy 9.2 miles on the Bike. Really used it as a rest ride. Hope to get a ride in tomorrow. This has been several days in a row. Almost took today off but I wanted to keep getting it done. Hope I can keep going.

Top Top

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:17 am

Master Masters Athlete

Put 17 miles on the Bike this morning. Felt pretty good. Knees are good...Hammy is god...so far life is good...lol. Weight has been the same the last 3 mornings. That could be good as I'm waiting for a big drop....and not a gain. Haven't been lifting as the Bursitis in my elbow came back and I had it drained and had cortisone injected into it. Feels OK but I'm resting it for a while.

Top Top

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:55 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Took yesterday as a rest day as I went 7 days in a row. Felt antsy all day....like I needed to do something...lol.

Today I did 10.3 miles on the Bike. Got to my weekly goal of 50 miles. I think I need to up that goal. Legs feel fine and the weight is holding steady. Maybe I should eat less but then my training suffers. Will keep on keeping on and see where it takes me.

Top Top

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Yesterday was a rest day. legs have been very sore and tired. Today I rode 21.1 miles on the Bike. Hit 1 PR along the way. It was a very strong and steady ride. The only bad thing, was my right knee is starting to bother me....just above the Knee Cap. Will take some ibuprophen and see how it goes.

Top Top

Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:31 am

Master Masters Athlete

Took the last couple of days as rest days as my knee is a little sore. Rode this AM with the guys. Hit a couple of really good PRs along the way and would have hit more but my phone went haywire again. Really pissed!!! Finished with 14 miles on the Bike. I've been eating way too much recently and weight has gone up. Trying to get back to where I was a few days ago. Trying to fine tune the diet to where I can lose weight but still have enough energy to train.

Top Top

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Went to the gym last to night lifts on the Bench, Lat Pulls and Leg Press. Nothing exciting but did some work. Didn't feel bad this AM either.

Today I hit the Bike for 22.4 miles overall. Phone went dead after 10.1 miles so I had to rely on the Bike Computer. Got some work done. Lost a couple of pounds the last day or so but that doesn't make up for what I gained....lol.

Top Top

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Yesterday was a rest day. Today I hit the Bike for 14.8 miles. Hit my weekly goal of 50 plus miles. Still have tomorrow to add to it. Hopefully I will.

Top Top

Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Played terrible golf yesterday and then rested.

Today, I did 14.1 miles on the Bike this morning and hit several PRs along the way. Legs are getting stronger and the knees feel OK.

Tonight I hit the gym and did the following:
Bench Press 10x135, 3x15x150
Lat Pulls 10x90, 3x15x105
Leg Press 4x15x225
Did the Bench and Lats as a Super Set with about 1 minute rest between sets.
Legs were about 45 seconds rest.

Just wanted to get back into it slowly. Could feel my chest and back tightening as I went ...lol.

Top Top

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Very steady 10.9 miles on the Bike. Felt a little stiff in the legs to get started, but that worked itself out over a couple of miles. Hope to get a solid day of training in before my biannual stress test on Thursday.

Top Top

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Rode a solid 23 miles on the Bike. I'm starting to develop some power for riding the Bike in terms of watts. Knees have been feeling good. Now I need to get the weight down so I can start to translate that strength into some running form. See how I do tomorrow on my stress test. Hopefully I ace it........lol. I'll study tonight...lol.

Top Top

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:43 am

Master Masters Athlete

Passed the Stress Test yesterday and didn't even study for it....lol. Ate terribly yesterday as you couldn't eat before the test and I wasn't done till 11:30 in the AM after being there at 7:15. Ate poorly and played terrible golf. Didn't get enough water and tried to ride this AM with the Boys and rode just awful. Got 12.6 miles in but it felt like I rode 100. Need to eat better today as I want to get some extra miles done tomorrow before the wife and I go to Hilton Head for a few days. Will try to get some work done there.

Top Top

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:35 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Took some rest and played some golf in Hilton Head. On the way home got a call from the cardiologist who said my nuclear stress test showed that my heart was getting enough O2 in certain parts. Need a cardiac catheterization on Wednesday. Said I can still ride the Bike and play golf but they want to see what going on.

Rode an easy 9.2 miles on the Bike tonight and felt fine. Stressful though....really. Will still workout but really monitor what I'm doing and pay attention to my body.

Top Top

Wed May 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Test went well today...no stents or anything. Can't do anything for another week to let the groin heal. After that.....back to training......slow at first and work my way back.

Top Top

Thu May 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Back at it the last two days. Rode a solid 17 miles both days. The legs felt good and the tempo was more than I thought it would be for the time off that I had. Legs were a bit sore today after yesterdays ride but loosened up quickly and forged onward. My weight has been OK the last week or so......being restful was not fun. Felt jittery the whole last week. Good to know that the heart is in good shape.....now if I can get there that would be great...lol.

Top Top