masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:05 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

What is a good 60m and 100m time for a beginner master, age 42? I know there are lots of things to consider, and people approve more than others, but there has to be some general time frames.

Thanks.

Top Top

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:49 am

Master Masters Athlete

I recall same question from you about a month ago...same attitude too. There were plenty of suggestions made including looking at the rankings. No one knows how fast you are or who you are or how you train. You need to give it a go or not, but don't wait for someone to tell you how fast you are or will be...no one knows.

Top Top

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:04 am

Master Masters Athlete

WAAAAAA...and good luck. Try reading the responses you got last time you asked.

Top Top

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:45 am

Master Masters Athlete

Dear Jason

Your times were decent for a beginner. Good answer, right? Now go run.

Dear Everyone Else

Sorry for the lame discussion. I'm done.

Top Top

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:25 am

Master Masters Athlete

Jason, I've had some really good responses to questions I've posted. Sometimes people don't jump all over themselves to respond because they have other things going on in their lives, but if they have an idea that could be helpful, they'll respond. However they probably won't feel like it after having the board called "lame." You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, as my mom used to say.

I would suggest looking under "results" for this year and past and maybe making a chart showing ranges of times. You'll generally find faster times at national level meets, slower at regional or local meets. But runners of all abilities will compete at all levels of competitions, so times at the slower end of the range should be a good starting time. You should find times for the 60 in the indoor meets and times for the 100 in the outdoor meets.

Liz Palmer

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Master Masters Athlete

What are you looking for? Check out the all-american standard, it is a good cut-off point. If you are serious, then you ought to be able to do that right off.

Top Top

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:49 am

Master Masters Athlete

BTW, I noticed Jason's first post asking for info was at 6:05 pm on Sunday the 26th, and his second post chiding us for lack of response was 4:37 am on Monday the 27th. Less than 12 hours between posts, and most of us were asleep during the majority of that time!

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:32 am

Master Masters Athlete

How about quit coming to the site? I read every new post, but rarely respond. Besides, there are several other similar posts. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know to look at results from other meets on the web. Please don't respond. Nobody is interested in your whining.

Top Top

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Jason, per your request, I've contacted the webmaster and requested that your posts and thread be removed from OUR forum. Hopefully you never identify yourself as this poster to any masters runners at future meets. Your reception would be less than warm.

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:43 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Jason many people respond to the post that are on this message board. When a person responds to a question he or she usually has the answer to the question asked or can provide information on where to find it. Smart men and women never make a fool of them selves responding to post that they have know clue about. I find our message board very interesting and full of good information. If you do not find what you need her feel free to look elsewhere I am sure there is a site out there that will fit you. Just remember it is not the number of responses you get to your question but the quality of the answers. :idea:

Top Top

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Jason has been banned, and his rude posts deleted.

This Forum belongs to you, but I'm the decider on who can take part.

Jason generated complaints, and so he's out.

My apologies for not acting sooner.

Top Top
  Profile WWW