masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:43 pm

Master Masters Athlete

The entry deadline for the World Championships closes on May 14. Does anyone have any information on cheap airfares?

I am giving a lecture in Riccioni in early June and will report on the facilities when I get back. Riccioni is a large tourist center, so it should be a great place for a meet. It will probably be a big shot in the arm for the local economy (off season).

Tom Fahey M59 thrower

Top Top

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:51 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Hi, we have gotten 3 tickets on Continental from Newark (EWR) to Zurich for $700 each. We plan to drive to Riccione, via Venice and end up touring the Italian lake district on our way back. We have a bunch of domestic flight coupons to get to the NYC area to connect with our transatlantic flight. That is the cheapest I have found.
Eleanor & Andy Gipson (hj, 100m) from Memphis

Top Top

Sun May 20, 2007 11:14 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Hi All,

I am in the process of making travel arrangements for Riccione. Does anyone know what the schedule for the bus transfers from the airports to the hotels in Riccione will be? I am a little confused about this. I have contacted Firma, the agency through which we can book hotels. They have a place on the booking form for bus transfers, but when I asked about it on the phone I was told that they did not handle the bus arrangements. However, I was sent a price list but not a schedule, so this a little confusing. I would really like to find out about this soon, because one of the more affordable flight options includes a return trip leaving at 7 am on Sunday (from Bologna) after the meet and I am wondering if this is just too early.

Anyway I sent a follow-up email on Friday and perhaps I will have an answer tomorrow, but I just thought that maybe others on this forum may have looked into this and may already have answer.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Jen

Top Top