masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 pm

Master Masters Athlete

I keep hearing conflicting info as to the dates of 2008 Indoor Nationals and WMA indoor. Does anyone know for certain if they conflict and are we back in Boston next year? Kudos to all those who went to Riccione!

Top Top

Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:52 am

Master Masters Athlete

The dates are about a week apart. WMA is March 17-22 in France and USATF is March 28-30 in Boston. The 2009 National Indoor meet hasn't been awarded yet by the Masters Committee. That will happen at the Convention in Hawaii end November/early December. So far as I know, the only bidder is the Potomac Valley Track Club to host the meet at the Prince George's Sports and Learning Complex in Landover, Maryland, just outside Washington and adjacent to FedEx Field, where the Redskins play. It's the same facility where the Indoor High School Nike Championships are held each year in March. The proposed dates are March 20-22, 2009.

Top Top

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:43 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

I'll second Jim's kudos for the Riccione athletes. I had a blast watching the results come in and seeing how friends finished up and how much my butt would've been kicked in my events. My own compliments to you Jimmy and to Thad for your outstanding job in the short hurdles. Like I told my family after Orono, if I'm going to be beat it's nice to have it be by hall-of-famers and world champs! Also very glad to see your wrist (and spikes) held up!

Bill Pontius

Top Top