masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:42 am

Master Masters Athlete

I recently confirmed my lodging reservation with Lahti Travel ( the official meet organizers agent) and found the prices to indeed be quite a bit higher than the rates posted by the hotels on their own websites. I am paying 115 euros per night for a single at a hotel that posts a room cost of 80-85 for the same accomodation. I do realize however that the bus pass cost for the duration of the meet and other extras probably figure in to the math but not at 30 euro per day! I went ahead and choked on the price rather than sleep on the sidewalk during the meet and thats my take thus far. Thank goodness I am flying there on airmiles! I found lodging at Clermont-Ferrand to be much more reasonable with no gouging and likewise in Linz, and in Italy. This is the first time I have experienced this kind of increase.......meet organizers seem to be in denial! I may have room for a rollaway for a roomate that does not snore!

Top Top

Fri May 01, 2009 1:51 am

Junior Masters Athlete

I thre down $530 USD for six nights at the Radisson Helsinki on the water yesterday. I believe the Finland officials (we all know they will be many involved) had the good insight to reserve their rooms early to make sure they can get to the venues to assist the competition progress. So, the 'getting close to the deadline' prices in Lahti and lack of rooms under $100 Euros per night motivated me to get on the water in Helsinki, where I will be walking distance to a whole lot of things going on!

Top Top