masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:26 pm

##

Last edited by Ironslinger on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top Top

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:32 am

Senior Masters Athlete

Actually, it's Lewis-Palmer. When the state games first started I offered to have the CMTA (Colorado Masters Throwing Association) run the masters throwing events (including the hammer and the weight) and they never bothered to respond. I attended the meet once and it was run like an all comers meet.

If you continually run a meet the same way, why would you expect different results?

On another note, entry deadlines are required by a lot of the larger meets. You enter by the deadline date and accept the risk of not being able to compete.

Tim Edwards

Top Top

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:37 pm

##

Last edited by Ironslinger on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top Top

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I am not sure why they would not allow you to compete. The shot was run very efficiently. It was very inspirational to see the U.S. Military Paralympic throwers compete. They were very supportive of one another and their fellow competitors. The crowd responded by cheering loudly for each and every one of them. It was an honor to share the same ring as them today and to learn about being a better athlete and a person with a distance of a thrown object not being as important as stepping up to the challenge of competition.

Top Top

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I too have had some complaints about the State Games of America in the past, but not this year. The meet was run well and the discus went on without a hitch from my perspective. To answer your question Milt, there were about 60 throwers in the Men's discus all age groups. Decent turn out. The official running it off did a great job. I don't know why the girl wouldn't respond to you, but I have always lived by the rule of registering if I think I'm going. If I can't go, I'll eat the fee. They can't make exceptions for everyone that emails them, it would cause confusion. It's a shame you couldn't make it though as the competition was a lot of fun with a great group of athletes. It's in San Diego in two years, so that will make it a little more difficult to get to from this part of the country, but if I can, I will return.

Top Top

Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:33 am

I stand corrected then...Good to see you folks enjoyed the meet.

Top Top

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 am

Junior Masters Athlete

It appears that there are still issues with posting the correct results. I am not sure if the rest of the results are correct, but the shot results have the discus distances and placings for the 17-18 males. I do not see the adult results yet. I never heard the actual distance of my furthest throw, so I am interested to see them.
Milt- I have some video that I will post. I was off technically and would love to get your input.

Top Top

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Milt-

Need some help. Please take a look and let me know what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfT9cWptQ4

Top Top

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 pm

I can't seem to find the Master shot put results for the 2009 State games but I may be looking in the wrong place. Anyone know where to find them?

Top Top

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:04 am

Junior Masters Athlete

More results are in for the National State Games of America meet, but they are not correct again. I am not sure about the other events, but the men's shot 35-39 is incorrect. I am not listed. I think I was there...at least my video says I was. :D

Top Top

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:16 pm

I saw that. They put George Soule as the winner of the 35-39 shot put and I know for a fact, George is from Colorado and is a thrower in the 65-69 age group. They did the same for the shot put in the 45-49 division and had James Mellen from Colorado Springs as the winner but if you look his name up, the only James Mellen in Colorado Springs is in his early sixties (60-64).There is one in Denver in his mid-thirties That's it for the state of Colorado.

Top Top