masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I am a 42 Yr old Sprinter looking for 2009 and 2010 indoor Master Track meets in Colorado. Where would I find a list of these? Also is there any Colorado Master Track Clubs recomended for Sprinters?

Top Top

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 am

Master Masters Athlete

The Colorado Masters Track Club is quite active and while their website (http://www.denvertrackclub.org) isn't all that up to date with upcoming events, contact them and I'm sure they can tell you what's coming up this indoor season. It usually culminates with the Mid America Regional Championships at the Air Force Academy in late February or very early March.

Jerry Bookin-Weiner[/code]

Top Top

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:46 pm

Dude...Go to www.usatf-co.org and check under Youth + Juniors events and Open + Masters events in about a month or two. The Youth meets allow masters athletes to compete and they have about four meets in the month of January thru beginning of February held at the University of Colorado and Air Force Academy ( both Flat Tracks) . Then you have the USATF Mid-America Masters Championships at the end of February/beginning of March, usually held at the Air Force Academy. There is the Potts Indoor Invitational the University of Colorado holds which is on January 22, 2010 this season at Balch Fieldhouse in Boulder and two meets at Colorado School of Mines in Golden. The Joe Davies Invitational held on January 23, 2010 and the CSM Twilight Invitational held on February 19, 2010, that are Open meets as well. Contact both College Head track coaches to see how to register to compete. So you'll have around 6 to 8 indoor meets you can choose from during January thru March. Go to the University and College websites to verify their schedules and wait for about another month or two for the Colorado USATF to post their schedule for the 2010 Indoor season. To find a runners or sprinters club, I'd go the the Boulder Road Runners website, http://boulderroadrunners.org , click on Officers at the top of the home page, and call them for their opinion as to what club would be best for you. Good luck! :wink: Milton Girouard

Top Top