masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I just thought I would give you another post in which you could talk to yourself about something that no one else cares about. LET IT GO!!!!!

Top Top

Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:45 pm

Master Masters Athlete

What was he talking about again?

I can't help myself.

Top Top

Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:04 pm

Master Masters Athlete

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Top

Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Master Masters Athlete

On second thought...this could keep it going for another year or two. It's kind of sad really, especially after the bitter sounding post to the new guy. :?

Top Top

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Anthony reminds me of my ex wife. He should let it go and have fun.

One of my competitors had a disagreement with the WMA and USATF (they didn't ratify several world records he set). His life centered around masters track and field. He became bitter and gave up the sport. The sport goes on but he died.

The vast majority of people who volunteer as officials and organization officers are hard working and well meaning. Individual sport athletes are egotistical by nature, so there are going to be conflicts.

Nobody cares about our petty disagreements! San Sebastian is a distant memory. He should let go of his anger and bitterness and channel it into staying alive and preventing physical deterioration. Old people are blessed to have the opportunity to do the same activities we did in high school and college.

Top Top

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Master Masters Athlete

He's baaaaccckkk.

Top Top

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:14 am

Master Masters Athlete

Discusdoc wrote:

One of my competitors had a disagreement with the WMA and USATF (they didn't ratify several world records he set). His life centered around masters track and field. He became bitter and gave up the sport. The sport goes on but he died.

The vast majority of people who volunteer as officials and organization officers are hard working and well meaning. Individual sport athletes are egotistical by nature, so there are going to be conflicts.

Nobody cares about our petty disagreements! San Sebastian is a distant memory. He should let go of his anger and bitterness and channel it into staying alive and preventing physical deterioration. Old people are blessed to have the opportunity to do the same activities we did in high school and college.

It was two sad days for Masters Throwing when "LP" left the sport, and then again when he passed away. For his fans and competitors it was almost like he died twice.

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:17 am

Master Masters Athlete

Discusdoc wrote:

It was two sad days for Masters Throwing when "LP" left the sport, and then again when he passed away. For his fans and competitors it was almost like he died twice.

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:45 pm

Master Masters Athlete

I miss his intensity and excellence. His technique was beautiful, and he was a fierce competitor. We went at it for years, and I miss the competition.

I've had a similar rivalry with Tim Muller. He's healthier than me, so I will probably go first. However, I have been running, lifting and throwing hard and hope to give him a run for his money when he advances to a new age group.

If I have a fatal heart attack or stoke before Tim advances, what age group will I be in on the other side? Perhaps I will be an open athlete. Will I have to throw the 2 kg discus again or can I stick with the 1 kg? Maybe I won't be a thrower. Instead, I might be reincarnated as a little skinny guy who runs the marathon or 10,000 meters.

Top Top

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Senior Masters Athlete

What, have you been particularly evil in this life?

Top Top

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Discusdoc wrote:
Instead, I might be reincarnated as a little skinny guy who runs the marathon or 10,000 meters.

Wow, that is really several steps down for a thrower. Quoting from Mark Rippetoe's book, "Strong Enough? Thoughts from Thirty Years of Barbell Training" ... "If I had to choose between looking like a marathon runner or having a heart attack, I'd take the heart attack."

Friends don't let friends do distance.

Top Top

Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Master Masters Athlete

How about a javelin thrower?

Top Top

Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:06 pm

Senior Masters Athlete

Ok. Now we're down from being truely evil to having an impish thought every now and then.

Top Top

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

Yes, why not? At the Swedish Masters Championships on August 22, 2009, Anthony Treacher set a new British M70 outdoor Long Jump record of 4.72m.

Top Top

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:56 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

And why not again? At the Vinterspelen meeting at Örebro SWE on December 5, 2009, Anthony Treacher set a new British M70 indoor Long Jump record of 4.49m.

Top Top