masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Junior Masters Athlete

was wondering about the quality of experience athletes have had with USATF merchandise? In particular, the Official '04 USA Track & Field Team Medal Stand Suit (White Jacket/ Navy pants.) As soon as I started wearing mine in Kamloops, little "bobbles" began to appear all over the jacket and pants, and the white jacket in particular looked heavily worn. This was not the quality I expected from Nike, or for the price paid, even with our discount for competing in Kamloops. I have written to Blake Roebuck regarding a replacement, but I don't believe that just my clothing was faulty, but more likely it was a common occurrence? If this was this case, I would want to find something else to wear when I represent USA that doesn't look wrecked after it has been worn once, or twice. My sleeveless crop top also got holes in from safety pins, but I guess I can't blame USATF or Nike for that! While in Kamloops, I heard of other cases of less than satisfactory quality from new clothing too. So, does anyone have an Official '04 USA Track & Field Team Medal Stand Suit (White Jacket/ Navy pants.) that has worn well?

Top Top

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 am

Master Masters Athlete

I do not own that medal stand suit - I have the one Olympic earlier verson. The material in mine stands up ok - no bubbles - but the fit is weird. I fault Nike for thinking that all women have tiny waists - why do I need to buy a medium when I am a size small - because they make the waist too small? I have undertaken major surgery on the waist of the bottoms to make it possible to breathe when I wear them - if I wear them - left them home for Kamloops.
But that is another story.
As for the 2004 tops - the holes have been carefully designed to snag safety pins used for the bib numbers. That is my conclusion. No matter how carefully I try to pin the bid on - atleast one safety pin is snagged and requires the use of surgical instruments to remove - or risk leaving a hole. I am thinking of using duct tape at the WMA in 2011 as that is likely to be the next time I wear my USA team singlet.
I hope that USATF will replace your medal stand jacket and the pants as well is they too look lousy after one wearing. I rarely buy Nike clothing as in general I find it to be cut in strange ways and the quality control is very poor.

Top Top