masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Thu May 20, 2010 7:56 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

Hi, I am trying my darndest to try to afford to go to the Masters Outdoor Nats. in Sacramento.

Here is the dilemma and question. Why in the world do they have rounds for the 800m? There is no way I can go two days early, pay two extra nights for a hotel just to run trials to elimintate one or two guys? This makes little sense.

I was looking at last year's results and there were no rounds, fortunately, but I guess I would have to just sign up and pay everything and hope there are no rounds?

'what do you guys think?

Top Top

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

The problem with 800 trials has been going on for many years and has proved to be intractable. In every case one of two things happens: (1) The scheduled trials are called off. (2) They are run but are not really needed because the runner at the top of the list who doesn't make it is so much slower than the top runner that he would not need to race against him. Finals only should be listed; if more than 15 runners show up they run 2 sections on time.

Because trials are on Thursday we have lost many runners who cannot afford/do not want to arrive Wed. for a Thursday trial that will probably get cancelled anyway.

Peter T

Top Top