masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:27 am

Master Masters Athlete

I know posts have been made about the National Championship meet in Sacramento on other threads about suggestions for improvements for future meets but I thought I might start this one in case those in power are reading this forum. As I was reflecting on the meet, and my trip in general, I came up with another suggestion with regard to the time of events for certain age groups. My throwing events were always right around the 2 to 3 o'clock range everyday of competition. It may have been set this way because the younger age groups might cope with the heat better than the older age groups for safety concerns; I really don't know what the reasoning was or if there even was a reason behind the throwing schedule. Some may even find that as an advantage to compete at the same time everyday and, in a way, I can definitely see if you're a person who thrives off routine then this would be great. But by changing times for the age groups I wouldn't have thrown in the hottest part of the day everyday. I may also compete better at different times of the day based on practice routine or time change because of travel. I know you can't accomadate every little request but to rotate the time schedule so that everyone gets a chance to throw in different parts of the day would be great. Just a thought and not something that was detrimental to the meet by any stretch of the imagination but just a suggestion.

Top Top

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Maybe the reason was simply that they did the age groups every time in the same order?

Top Top
  Profile WWW