masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Does anyone have a link to the results from the National Throws Pent and Ultraweight Pent from this past weekend? Or know of any performances of note. Thanks.

Michael V.

Top Top

Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Master Masters Athlete

They should be posted tomorrow. They're being given a final check for transcribing errors from the field sheets to the scoring program tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm sending this sitting on a commuter bus so can't go into great detail on significant hews but will later this evening.

We all woukd have liked to have had the results out sooner but we're all volunteers with demanding day jobs - I was on the way into the office at 630 after getting home from the meet at 1 am this morning.

Jerry Bookin-Weiner
USATF Masters Throwing Events Coordinator

Top Top

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Master Masters Athlete

First and foremost, this was a fabulous meet for all involved and the throwing community owes a huge debt of gratitude to the co-meet directors Sue Hallen and Ruth Welding. Benedictine University was a wonderful venue, as it surely will be for the 2012 Outdoor Nationals.

As I said in my earlier post, we are still cross-checking the results against the field sheets for accuracy. What i can say however is the following athletes turned in astounding performances this weekend:

Neni Lewis (W50) set world records in the Throws Pentathlon and 16# Weight Throw and American records in the 25# Superweight and the Ultra Weight Pentathlon.

Paul Economides (M65) set an American record in the Throws Pentathlon and the Discus (54.99m)

Ed Burke (M70) set a world record in the Hammer Throw (59.04m) and proclaimed "I beat me!" when the tape was read. He also set an American record in the Ultra Weight Pentathlon.

Betty Jarvis (W95) set American records in everything she threw -- all the implements, including the Superweight, and the Throws Pentathlon

Carol Young (W70) set an American record in the Weight Throw (12.53m) and the Ultra Weight Pentathlon.

American records in the Ultra Weight Pentathlon appear (pending verification) to have been set by David Bickel (M40), Ed Burke (M70), Jennifer Stephens (W35), Neni Lewis (W50), Carol Young (W70) and Gloria Krug (W75).

Gloria Krug (W75) also set American records in several other events, though because of implement changes it isn't readily apparent yet exactly which ones without having the full results.

Winners in the Throws Pentathlon were:

M35 Troy Nelson
M40 Paul Barrett
M45 Michael Ostrum
M50 Jeff Brown
M55 Bob Cedrone
M60 Tim Muller
M65 Paul Economides
M70 Ed Burke
M75 Ray Feick
M80 Phil Brusca

W40 Trinidad Nelson
W45 Debbie Gocken-Falzitto
W50 Oneithea Lewis
W55 Agnes Green
W60 Myrle Mensey
W65 Georgia Cutler
W70 Carol Young
W75 Gloria Krug
W95 Betty Jarvis

Ultra Weight Pentathlon winners were:

M35 Troy Nelson
M40 David Bickel
M45 John Seto
M50 Goran Milanovic
M55 Bob Cedrone
M60 Tim Muller
M65 Bob Cahners
M70 Ed Burke
M75 Ray Feick
M80 Phil Brusca

W35 Jennifer Stephens
W40 Linda Butts
W45 Gina Lanier
W50 Oneithea Lewis
W55 Kathy Wetenhall
W60 Myrle Mensey
W65 Gloria Cutler
W70 Carol Young
W75 Gloria Krug

In a day or so I will blog about the awards presented at the banquet and other goings on. To see that go to http://mtfthrows.blogspot.com/

Top Top

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Full results from the weekend are now up and running at:

http://www.usatf.org/groups/Masters/results20100808.asp

Top Top