masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:45 am

Master Masters Athlete

Well it didn't take long for all of the hotels in Albuqurque to jack up prices for rooms in March. My wife and I have stayed at the Hyatt several times for just 90 dollars per night. It's located right next to the arena. For that weekend it's 200 per night. Their explination is that they're full so the prices go up. But when you check they have plenty of rooms so of course it just means they know you have to have a room and they're goiing to take advantage of it. Your choice, but it may just keep me from going ......and probably several others too...... as we try to save up for Sacramento. I'm usually very amped about USATF meets but this is one that I may just have to say no to.

Rocket

Top Top

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:45 am

Master Masters Athlete

I wouldn't worry too much. Like other Meet cities, they try to clip the eager beavers. Just wait till the last minute and good rooms at fair prices will abound. Albuquerque is a small city with a lot of rooms. With ski season winding down-they will be hungry for tourists.

A fun weekend could be had by staying in wonderful Santa Fe and "commuting" into Albuquerque. A rental car gets you there in an hour easy. There is a very nice commuter train between the two cities

http://www.nmrailrunner.com/index.asp

1.5 hrs with many trips each day. Santa Fe is an incredible city to visit.

SW
Discus, M45

Top Top