masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I haven't participated in the WMA before, and I noticed the following Athlete Uniform Policy in the most recent information published:

Athlete Uniform Policy
In accordance with WMA rules for all events, all competitors must wear a
singlet or vest that is approved by their national masters/veterans body when
in the competition area. Vests and singlets must also comply with IAAF
rules. Affiliates will need to supply a color photo of all their approved vests
to the LOC or the TIC by 1 July 2011.

Do I buy such a uniform on the USATF website and how do I know which ones are approved?

Thanks!

Top Top

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Yes, the USATF has a specific webpage for the WMA championships with information on the correct/allowable uniform components. Here's the link: http://www.usatf.org/events/2011/WorldMastersAthleticsChampionships/

There are also links on this page to the products/services section of the USATF site [then select the merchandise option from the pull down menu] where online purchases can be made.

What has me confused or concerned is if the USATF will be making available additional peices of the required uniforms in all sizes in time for the WMA meet, since at this time there are zero men's singlets or shorts available for purchase on the website in size medium.

Does anyone know what USATF plans to do about the disconnect between requiring uniforms but not making them available to purchase?

PRs 800M 2:07.07, 1500m 4:28.26, 5k 17:13, 1/2 marathon 1:17:54, marathon 2:50:23

Top Top

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Master Masters Athlete

If they did what they did last year for Kamloops (nothing), then you are out of luck. I bought whatever I could find, sometimes a size bigger or smaller than I would have liked. Fortunately, not all the sizes are true, so most everything I bought fit and I had enough variety to last the week of competition.

Top Top

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I sent an email to the USATF store asking if they would be making more sizes of the official uniform tops available in time for the WMA championships. My email inquiry was also cc'd to Gary Snyder, USATF Masters T&F Committee Chair as a courtesy and FYI. If I get a reply, I will post an update here.

PRs 800M 2:07.07, 1500m 4:28.26, 5k 17:13, 1/2 marathon 1:17:54, marathon 2:50:23

Top Top

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Gary Snyder kindly provided me with a very prompt reply in which he noted that there is a larger inventory of the 2008 official team uniforms than is indicated on the USATF merchandise webpage and that the full range of official team USA tops are made available for purchase through the site once one has registered for the event. Also of note is that these will be available at a discount for registered athletes.

Top Top

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I've accessed this hidden website and there are still NO uniforms smaller than extra large approved for competition. This needs to be fixed! I don't see a way to contact USATF about this either.

Top Top

Wed May 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Journeyman Masters Athlete

Hello All,

I, too, have gone to the USATF-WMA Uniform website and found no singlet or shorts that fit.

Today, I spoke with Blake at the USATF store (317.713.4680). He told me that additional uniforms have been ordered and are due from Nike by June 15...although, the USATF is pushing for an earlier delivery date.

Unfortunately, I do not find the timeframe given very encouraging. Hence, I may have to swallow my pride, order a speedsuit and show up in Sacramento looking like a sack of potatoes wrapped in blue lycra. Please accept my apologies in advance.

Enjoy your day.

Top Top

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

Hello everyone!

Today '08 National Team Replica Men's Singlets are available in all sizes at:

http://www.usatf.org/events/2011/WorldMastersAthleticsChampionships/athleteinfo/uniforms.asp

I just ordered one.

Top Top