masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Feats of Strength Meet
I'm conducting a meet with the help of Bill Weinstock, age 64, who will be in the weight pentathlon at the WMA meet in Sacramento. This meet will be in my backyard at 18584 Carlwyn Dr. in Castro Valley CA, about 100 miles south of Sacramento. There will be five events: pullups/chinups, pullups/chinups plus extra weight for a 1-rep max (bodyweight + extra weight), standing long jump, farmer's walk (weights between 25 lb and 100 lb in each hand depending on age and gender), and a dynamometer squeeze to measure grip strength. You can compete in one to five events for $10 by sending money via PayPal to DaleHarderEP@gmail.com by July 4. If we still have space we'll accept entrants up until meet time. Otherwise, the number of entrants is limited to 30, but volunteers also are welcomed--no children under 10 please. Meet is on July 18, 10am to 2 pm, Monday, the day after WMA. Go to Facebook "International Feats of Strength" for more info including videos or email me at DaleHarderEP@gmail.com, phone me at 510-727-0485, look at http://www.strengthospeedia.org, or go to YouTube and look up "Feats of Strength farmer's walk". Overseas competitors are especially welcome. By Dale Harder.

Top Top