masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:09 pm

Senior Masters Athlete

I'd suggest you need to get Winston Thomas in on this discussion. He has done a lot of work on this over many years. I don't have his address, but it should be on the WMA website.

Quick Silver
Hong Kong

Top Top

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:58 am

Master Masters Athlete

Hey! The hurdles discussion again. In an earlier discussion there were three different views:
1 keep them as they are, or refine them (W50) to make the event nice for the good three-steppers
2 Jeff's proposal to make the system simpler (the link to his site does not work today)
3 mine to back the system of the double eventers: distances always IAAF, heights per WMA. This leads to four-stepping and five stepping for all, but for everyone on his/her own time.

Another possibility is to add the double-eventers system to the official hurdle specs and we will see which set of specs attracts most people.

Regards, Weia Reinboud (done only 1 double multi...)

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:25 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Master hurdles

Hi

I am coaching many of the master hurdlers both men / wemon events and age does have a impact for sure as does speed, strength in the ability to perform 3 steps in the sprint hurdle races so for the limited few that still have their speed, ability ect, life is fine but let’s face it. If the goal is to increase the numbers in the event it’s do the right thing and move to these marks.

1. 110 move to the women marks (8.5) and just change the heights of the hurdle for each event as needed. The effect will be a hurdle race for the men just change the heights of the hurdles.

2. 100 M Women should move to a spacing of 7.5 metes kept the height add one hurdle. This make for more athletes to enter the event yet will allow for the development of the 3 stride rhythm.

3. Move to the full 13 metes starting line and not the 12 meter line. You have to do 8 or 10 steps to the first one but you will do 3 steps between.

Many of you that have the physical abilities will do well but it will little to increase the attendance. if a change is not made I was at the last two nationals and very few were in the hurdle event. It’s time to have a change. The hurdle marks for the men using the 8.5 meter spacing is not hard to do and the wemon marks are on every track. The 7.5 marks is easy to do just add one hurdle at the end. Hurdling is a very difficult event for sure but let’s be reasonable on this.

So it’s time for a change…
8)

Top Top

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:06 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Hi

my post was wrong.. I thank the men spacing should be 13. meters to hurdle 1, with 8.0 meters spacing. Just change the heights and add 1 - 2 hudles at the end.

Top Top