masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Master Masters Athlete

It's been a while since my last post so I thought I should share a bit tonight! After a miserable year last year trying to come back probably too early from ACDF surgery (cervical 5,6,and7); and then running poorly at Albuquerque and then not making the finals at sacramento (first time at a WMA meet I did'nt score) I thought I was getting it back together this winter. Started in January with a 9.1 55m hurdle race in Gainesville and I thought I was getting back some of what the surgery took away and was having fun racing with my high school kids on sundays! Then... 3 weeks ago our new baby indoor cat went out the front door in pusuit of a racoon and in my pursuit of her, my previously broken big toe connected with a door frame and split open like a hot dog in the microwave. I am now 3 weeks without a track workout and hoping to run again by next week to prepare for Bloomington. I now can really relate to something I heard early on in my masters experience about bright spots in between the injuries! I keep watching the indoor results and hoping somehow I can get it together to be competitive this year...but damn..why does life have to include getting older and clumsier. See you hurdlers in Indiana, even if I'm watching the back of your shorts. Hurdlers..check in..tell us how your training is coming along etc. inquiring Mimes want to know!

Top Top

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Master Masters Athlete

We are praying for you speedster Jim.

Just recently had my other knee surgery - should be able to hurdle / compete by summer.

Top Top
  Profile WWW