masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

File not found seems to be the most common result in Finland. Anyone else having the same problem?

Top Top

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:48 am

Master Masters Athlete

The results service is not yet perfect. Several results are missing but here is a trick to see most of them. The left column gives the list of competitors, click, remove the last 'L' in the URL and you often get the results!

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Well Ken, I certainly did not live up to my own expectations, but the M50 high jump top 5 had three Americans listed. First place went to Marco Segatel of Italy at 1.86, Second (tie) went to Bruce McBarnette(USA), Emanuel Manfredini(Italy) 1.83, fourth went to Thomas Foley 1.80, and finally I got in one good jump before my calf failed me at 1.73 to take fifth.
Although disappointing, the trip was a great experience. I didnt spend much time at the meet itself as this was my first time in Europe and I wanted to take in as much as possible. The meet was well run and I nearly was DQ'd because I didn't check in in advance of the competition as I was supposed to. But they let me compete anyway and it was truly great to see all of the competitors here.
Jim Barrineau took first place for the M55 division for the USA and gave us a little scare on his opening jump. Somehow Jim clipped the standard with his head, fairly hard and I thought sure it would have cut him, but I guess Jim is pretty hard headed and he went onto take the title! Congratulations to Jim!
All in all it was a great trip. Transportation here is wonderful. The weather was a little chilly for a guy from south Lousisana but, I survived. On my way home now. We will arrive back in Lafayette sometime tomorrow morning. Thanks to Finland for a wonderful experience.
Time now to heal the calf and get ready for outdoors! I can't wait!

Top Top