masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:18 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

What organization is maintaining US and world records in the events not currently contested at the national and world championship meets? I saw a compilation of world bests in NMN recently, but cannot seem to make contact at NMN with the records admininstrator about whether or not she is handling these events. Is there someone else maintaining the records?

I am especially curious about the indoor SMRs. I understand that Schiro-Peirce - Gonera- Blake hold a pending indoor record of something below 4 minutes, but can't find official recognition of it. For some reason, the record recently published, long after the fine Schiro, et al. effort, was another much older and weaker record.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Top Top

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:32 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Individual statisticians -- like Peter Matthews of Britain -- keep records in limited age groups, like 35+ and 40+. But I'm not aware of any organization that keeps non-championship records (except for the mile and the like.)

It sure would be nice, though, to have a set of official 4x200, 4xMile, 4X1500 and sprint medley age-group relay records.

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:19 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Ken - I have the stats credentials, I suppose, to manage the database and with some help could manage the credentialing process. Is this something that you think someone could just announce he is taking on?

Mike Fortunato
M50

Top Top