masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:00 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Phil Raschker set 3 WR's this weekend at the National Masters Decathlon/Heptathlon Championship in Hoover, Alabama. Her first was in the 80MH with a time of 13.50. The old record was 13.78. She was not expecting a record because of the -2.1 wind. She set her second WR in the HJ at 1.44m (old record 1.41m) on the way to shattering her third WR in the W-60 Heptathlon. She actually surpassed the old WR of 5876 after the sixth event and ended up with a final score of 6865. Susan Weimer W-41 set a new AR in the Heptathlon with a score of 3810 surpassing Caren Wares' previous AR record of 3786.
Caren Ware and Kay Glynn each set AR's in the W-40 and W-50 decathlon with scores of 4857 and 6770. I would like to thank Jeff Watry and Gill Athletics for all his time and all the implements that they contribute to Master's track and field. We could not do it without their help.
We are lucky to have Jeff as our National Combined Events Chairman.

Bill Murray
USATF Masters Chair
Alabama Association

Top Top

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:34 am

Senior Masters Athlete

where can I find a listing of the points for the decathlon? I may try one sometime..I want to see where I would be in estimation with my recent times..

Top Top

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:55 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

The link below takes you to Howard Grubb's age grading page. You can do each event and add up your theoretical points:

http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html

Top Top

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:53 am

Senior Masters Athlete

Go for it, Simpdog! For me, it was the most challenging, yet rewarding track experience of my life. A most helpful aid was creating a spreadsheet from the age grading tables to see where my training and competition efforts should be focused. It was especially helpful for me as I had never done or competed in half the events. I have spreadsheets created for W50 and W65, if that is helpful.

American and world masters records are being kept for the women's decathlon. They are not posted as there are not enough marks yet. So far I think there are four. Not sure who they are, but Rita Hanscom has the W50 record at 7213.

Also, Hillen Van Maltzhan, W55, did a decathlon this weekend. Hope it went well for her. As far as I know there were three women's decathlon competitions this past weekend. Unfortunately, I missed doing one due to injuries and illness. Next year!

The order of events is as follows: First day-100, discus, pole vault, javelin, 400. Second day-short hurdles, shot, long jump, high jump, 1500

Top Top

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:01 am

Senior Masters Athlete

It just occurred to me that "Simpdog" might be a male. I am so eager to get more females competing that that possiblity never occurred to me...
If so, your order of events is different.

The spreadsheet stuff still holds.

Top Top