secretary@bvaf.org.uk
email for bridget cushen

I hate bullies....

Top Top

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:33 pm

bemore wrote:
Hey Anthony, will this help??

Unlikely.

BMAF Secretary Bridget Cushen and BMAF Chairman Winston Thomas were nasty. They were wrong. Yet they are unlikely to apologise.

It is equally unlikely that my athletics organisations - from my club SCVAC, to the BMAF, WMA, UKA up to the IAAF will step in and criticise Bridget Cushen and Winston Thomas for this. Such is the lack of moral fibre in Athletics today.

Anyway "bemore" thanks for your support. Highly appreciated. By the way, where are you from? Are you British?

Top Top

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

:idea: :idea: Anthony -- what if all of "us" pesky Americans sent a gazillion emails.... while you're getting some rest and training like crazy for your "comeback" their inboxes get pounded mercilously :lol: on a daily basis...! Hey, if you know you're not going to win, might as well get a little revenge... they can't hurt me....or us, we're just being American!!!! :twisted: :!:

Top Top

Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:22 am

Bemore, thanks again. I guessed you were American. The British advise me to knuckle under and keep quiet for my own best. Thank God for a breath of fresh air from you Americans. You are great.

Send something to the WMA too. They have the power to discipline Bridget Cushen and Winston Thomas.

All the best. Anthony.

Top Top

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:36 pm

Master Masters Athlete

bemore wrote:
:idea: :idea: Anthony -- what if all of "us" pesky Americans sent a gazillion emails.... while you're getting some rest and training like crazy for your "comeback" their inboxes get pounded mercilously :lol: on a daily basis...! Hey, if you know you're not going to win, might as well get a little revenge... they can't hurt me....or us, we're just being American!!!! :twisted: :!:

hehehehehehehehe :lol:

M45 PRs: 100: 12.04, 400: 54.83, 800: 2:23.5, 5K: 19:27

Top Top

Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:49 am

Mr. Winston Thomas, Chairman of the British Masters Athletics Association (BMAF) and Secretary of the World Masters Athletics Federation (WMA):

You condone rules infringements and verbal abuse by your BMAF team manager.

You ignore United Kingdom Athletics (UKA) Welfare Policy stipulations that human rights of athletes will be embodied in disciplinary and appeals procedures.

You suspend a British masters athlete without hearing, appeal and without consulting the Council of the BMAF regional masters clubs.

You issue a gagging order on members of the BMAF concerning the matter.

Chairman Winston Thomas - Resign now.

Anthony Treacher
British M65 Athlete
(This item has also been posted 27 February 2008 on the British Athletics Weekly Forum)

Top Top

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Anthony, for some time now, you've made it clear that you think you were wronged. Picked on and punished unjustly. That you had nothing to do with it. That you're a victim. And hearing only your side of the story, I can see how you got there.

I know a few members of the your team, but admittedly not many, yet they all seem to think Winston Thomas is a chap they respect. So although I understand that you, personally, have a grievance with him, I haven't heard anyone else complain about his treatment of them regarding BMAF or WMA matters. In my dealings with Winston, he strikes me as a gentleman, a thoughtful, even-tempered, reasonable, perceptive, kind-hearted, generous, gracious sportsmen. Even charming. I'm sorry for both of you that you haven't had that same experience.
I would think that someone like Winston Thomas, who's a world class runner and has been injured and unable to run the past few years, knowing how much track and field means to all of us, would have a hard time depriving someone else of the opportunity to compete. I would imagine that he had some good reasons for his decision. This is not meant to minimize the seriousness of your complaint, but if the way you've reacted after the fact, even now that you are able to compete again, I would wonder, if maybe your temper, even possible self-righteousness, might have played a small part in your punishment. And maybe it shouldn't have but it would be hard not to think it has.

So maybe you've been wronged by him, and feel frustrated that you haven't and probably won't get an apology from him, but he hasn't shown a pattern to others that warrants his resignation or dismissal. Most people that know him, value his overall perceptions, expertise, and even-handedness that he brings to masters track. I would hate to lose a man of his experience and abilities from this seemingly singular conflict.

Top Top

Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Bump.

Extra info that this Winston was a fellow athlete adds some flavor.

Top Top

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:21 am

Marion Jones is also an athlete and she is in prison for lying.

Top Top

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:17 am

Master Masters Athlete

My post was easier to reply to.

Top Top

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:45 am

It always is.

Top Top

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Zing.

Now that is good intro-net posting.

Top Top

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:03 am

Yes, you all come around in the end. But sorry rev gj - no more one-liners for a while. We must be serious.....

Larry Barnum addressed to me personally a subjective, uncritical, panegyric on Winston Thomas' character and conduct.

I hinted where this may lead us. Larry Barnum has opened Pandora's Box.

Larry Barnum and rev gj - I understand you want me to reply?

Last edited by Anthony Treacher on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Anthony Treacher wrote:
Larry Barnum addressed to me personally a vomit-inducing, uncritical, panegyric on Winston Thomas' character and conduct. I hinted where this may lead us. Larry Barnum has opened Pandora's Box.

Anthony, this is not helpful.

I've received several complaints about the tone of your remarks. In a private email to me, one person asked if I would consider blocking your access to this Forum. (Yes, I have the tools to do this.)

I will not block your access, since you have intelligent things to say about masters track and contribute to our conversation.

But please take into consideration reader sensibilities here.

Best of luck in Clermont-Ferrand!

Top Top
  Profile WWW