masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Master Masters Athlete

It is not my idea or even something I am in charge of, but I have participated in the Summer Decathlon Series for the past several years. It is a running decathlon - one event per week, ranging from 200 to 5000 meters. Sorry, no field events (not a real decathlon). You run the race distance of the week, either in a real meet or as a time trial / workout on your own. Then you submit the time to the website and your score is calculated. Results are listed for everyone who competes. It's typically catered to more of a middle distance crowd, but there are a couple of sprinters like myself who suffer through it. Admittedly, I don't run too hard or fare too well in the longer races.
The price is right - free!! Just thought I would throw it out there for those of you who want a challenge or something different and are not able to get to too many meets this summer. I realize it doesn't fit into most people's training plans. If interested, visit the following site and register - http://www.summerdecathlon.org/
Submission of the first week's race (1500m) is due by midnight on Sunday, June 8.

Top Top