masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I don't understand what the problem Benji Durden, webmaster of the Boulder Road Runners website and former elite distance runner has with posting this past Summers track and field meet results sponsored by the Boulder Road Runners at the University of Colorado while he posts every XC, marathon and 5- 10k distance running results as soon as they're done. I've been told by others that he recieved the results, but says he's not getting paid to post them so they can wait. I tried to e-mail Rich Castro, club President and he doesn't respond or seem to care either. There are three meet results posted out of the six, but July 3rd, July 17th and August 7th of 2008 are still not up by now. Many masters, open and youth athletes, including my daughter drove fairly long distances, some as far away as Wyoming, to compete to have a time or mark posted on the those results. Even though it's only a small fee of $2.00 per event, it's time wasted. She could have just timed herself at her own H.S. track for that. It's a shame because the athletes that do show up there are fun and competitive. The meet director Dan Pierce, does a great job to make sure things run smooth and helps in any way he can to ensure that. If you'd like to write Mr. Durden yourself and see what he has to say, his e-mail address is running@runningbears.com or benjid@runningbears.com Maybe You can get a response... K. Watson

Top Top