masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Jason Fast, one of the people in charge of running the USATF Masters Outdoor Track & Field Championships next summer, posted on the blog that he was going to check the thread there often in order to get feedback from us to make that meet as positive as it can be.

He's clearly making a concerted effort to listen to us and our opinions and, as Peter Taylor said, this is a rarity and a much appreciated one.

However, that thread has been buried amongst all of the blog entries since that one which was posted on Halloween so I think we should keep one going in here that won't be lost amongst everything else.

So, to start it off, my thoughts again are:

1) Steeple at night is first choice, in the morning is the second choice, and middle of the day where it is now is the last choice (given that that may not be up to the LOC)
2) Time to get on the track for competition (not the warmup track) in the days leading up to the meet would also be helpful.

Thanks again Jason, please provide your input everyone since someone is listening so let's not blow this opportunity, and happy Turkey Day all.

Top Top

Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:26 pm

Journeyman Masters Athlete

At Claremont, the steeplechase which was the first race of the morning, was delayed by 90 plus minutes as somebody forgot to fill the waterpit either the night before or get there early in the morning to fill the waterpit. When I arrived at the track which was just before the scheduled start of the first race, there was a garden hose in the waterpit and the pit was only about a 1/4 of the way full.

Top Top
  Profile YIM

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:01 pm

It's my understanding that the Games Committee, not the meet director, decides the schedule. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Top Top

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:54 am

if throwing events, particularly hammer throw, are a distance away from the main track facility, then a Port-a-Pottie near that circle would be appreciated. If the circle is adjoining the track, then we don't absolutely need a separate bathroom spot.

Top Top