masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 am

Master Masters Athlete

For me masters athletics is fun as it is about me against time, challeging the effects that time is having on my body. It is challenging both physically and mentally, as we all know.

My motivation is and always be breaking official records and more recently setting and breaking unofficial records. I am getting very confused with the record recording process. Who broke what record, when and where and what is official or unofficial or recognized or not.

If we want our sport to be taken seriously shouldn't their be a more acturate and reliable single source that we can all go to to find out what the "official" Records are for age groups and single age?

When I broke the World Age group Record 3 years ago it was listed as 70.96m by Jorma Markus. My mark of 71.75m was officially ratified on the World Masters website several months later. Peter Blank broke my record 2 weeks after me but it took 18 months for it to be posted as official. Last year I improved on my own in this age group with a AR (45-49) and a World Age Record (47) with a throw of 72.49m. If you look on the World Masters Website you will see it:

http://www.mastersathletics.net/fileadm ... rowmen.htm

My mark sits in between Peter Blank's and Jorma Markus' mark which is now showing 71+?
The reason I bring this up is that I have now informed from several people after my question last week that Larry Stuart threw 73.02m when he was 48 as shown on Tony Dziepak's website? Does that count? If you look on the list on the World Masters website I do not see that mark or any for that matter for Larry Stuart and it goes all the way down to 57m site?

Can someone enlighten me?

Top Top
  Profile WWW