masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:04 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I relocated to the Midwest and found few if any meets for Masters Track. So, one alternative is to host meets. I have spoken to a number of Masters Athletes in the region and many have shown interest in a “track meet series” for 2008. I have also spoken with some local Universities and gotten the go ahead to use their track (as long as there is insurance coverage).

Any advice on creating interest, marketing, volunteers, funding, insurance, how to set up a web site to post results, etc. etc.? Part of the plan would be to piggy back on some of the college meets and then fill in the gaps with all-comers meets and sanctioned meets and spread them throughout the mid-west region. It might be easier to plan them in close proximity and build momentum then spread them out...Questions, Questions, Questions,...?

Top Top

Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:26 pm

Journeyman Masters Athlete

RS,

In the Boston area, we have a group of throwers that have meets in late Spring/early Summer. In it's 10th year, Twilight Throwers have a good thing going. This is my second season and it seems to be growing in interest....the founder did what you want to do and it has worked.

I put together the website and the meets get posted on the USATF New England website. Our site is twilightthrowers.110mb.com

110mb is a free web hosting site so that costs nothing. I do stuff in photoshop and there it is.....

Hope it works out...keep us posted!

....Just a few more throws!

Top Top

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:47 am

Junior Masters Athlete

JB,

The tip on 110mb was a great tip. I looked at your site and its format would work great. There is an track club association meeting in mid-September and hope to have enough information together to present and initiate the motivation to pull this off.

Congradulations on your teams success at the Nationals.

Eugene

Top Top