masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:22 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Can anyone help me navigate the easy way to enter this meet.

I downloaded the application and answered all the questions, but I still have a few of my own:

They say that I have to submit the application to the federation and the federation then submits the completed application. Is there a federation in the US I submit the applic to?

Does the fees have to be paid in euros?

Does anyone know the best way to make reservations for hotel or airline discount tickets. This will be the first time I am competing outside the US and any help is greatly appreciated.

I also e-mailed the WMA website asking for some answers, but they never responded.

Thanks,

Joe Kessell

Top Top

Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:16 am

Master Masters Athlete

Joe Kessell wrote:
Is there a federation in the US I submit the applic to?

Hang tight, Joe. Detailed info should be posted here soon:
http://www.usatf.org/events/2008/WorldM ... oor/entry/

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:20 pm

Master Masters Athlete

at the moment the website (that Ken listed) says ::
Detailed entry information, including the Meet and U.S. Supplemental entry forms, will be available around the beginning of November. Preliminary information is provided below for planning purposes.

Entry Fees and Deadlines
Date Received Fee
on-time: before or on 1/4/08 Available on the entry form at a later date
late: before or on 1/25/08 Additional $75

The on-time entry deadline for submitting entries is January 4, 2008. All entry forms must be received by the USA Track & Field national office by this date to be considered on-time and not incur the late fee.

The late entry deadline is January 25, 2008. Entries received between January 5 and January 24 will require a $75 late fee (imposed by the meet organizers in France). Absolutely no entries will be accepted after January 25!

DO NOT MAIL ENTRY FORMS TO France!

Top Top

Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:32 pm

Master Masters Athlete

The LOC website has information about housing - for travel you are on your own. You can fly to Clermont-Ferrand from Paris or fly to Paris and take the train. There are trains from the airport (CDG) via Lyon- takes about 4 hours and one needs to coordinate with flight arrivals as they are not every hour. Or take the train to Gare de Lyon (in Paris) and take the train. This is for the adventurous - and those who travel light - European train stations tend to have a lot of stairs.
As for housing - try Booking.Com - and see if you can find a hotel that will book you a room. Most of the hotels appear to be blocked - either by the LOC or Grand Prix Travel (a British sports travel agency). You can book a room through either of those two. Be aware that Grand Prix fees are in British Pounds - not Euros - and the Pound is VERY expensive these days - more so than the Euro which is also expensive. Cost of flights to Paris or on to Clermont-Ferrand will depend upon where you live -and your tolerance for multi-connections. If you have a connecting flight consider taking only what you can carry on - and carry on your track shoes and uniform.
I am not a travel agent - I know all of the above because I have been searching the web for flight bargains (ha ha - right - no such thing) and a hotel in C-F - which I got via Booking.Com - I do not have a business interst in that website - and hope that when I get there - the hotel and the room really exists and it is not a dump.

Top Top