masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:58 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Anyone know when the indoor schedule will be posted. Last year there were some good meets in December! Living in Florida I have to plan ahead and try to get cheap travel. Hope everyone is well and had a good summer.
Regards,
Jimmy Broun/Sarasota Fl./hurdles-sprints

Top Top

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:31 am

Master Masters Athlete

around my neck of the woods (New England) the indoor track schedule is usually posted at the USATF-NE website around the first of November. The first college meets begin in December but no masters meets until Dartmouth Relays- generally early January. My guess is the Dartmouth Relays masters will be held on Friday January 5th, 2007. It is usually the first weekend in January when the college is on winter break. Masters tracksters can run the 3 Boston University mini-meets on Saturdays beginning December 16th.
As for other meets outside NE - one just has to surf the web - hoping to find something.

Top Top

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:32 am

Senior Masters Athlete

I post what I can find on my own site at trackinfo.org, Dave Clingan also posts a schedule here on masterstrack.com Information is sometimes hard to come by; between the Thanksgiving holiday, USATF/National Coaches convention in early December and the Christmas/New Year's holidays, many coaches/meet organizers don't publicize too far in advance. The reason I created my website is because we in Track and Field do not publicize our events well. Instead, we depend on word of mouth, usually to the usual suspects. If we are to reach new participants, we have to be where they can have the possibility of finding it. We usually can't buy our way to get publicity in the mainstream media (though there are exceptions) so in the philosophy of web-based anarchy, web pages are the best way to accomplish this. I have my collection of the usual suspects, some who send me their info, some who just post it, and do my best to consolidate the information. If you know anything, please send it along. Wouldn't it be nice if there were a professional organization promoting our sport and helping our potential participants to find their way to our events.

Top Top
  Profile WWW