masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:37 am

Master Masters Athlete

I just rejoined USATF after a several year hiatus on November 1st. Needless to say, a few questions came up :? :

1) When will my membership card arrive?

2) If I submitted a proof of age document to my association, will I need to resubmit something to the national office in order to compete at the Outdoor Nationals in August?

3) For those in the Oregon Association, when should the next Oregon Track & Field Newsletter be arriving in the mail?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Top Top

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Master Masters Athlete

I have many of the same questions. I signed up in December and have not received anything in the mail but I was able to log in to the "members only" part of the website. I doubt you'll have to resubmit proof of age once you've already done it, but that is just a guess. As for the Newsletter, no clue.

M45 PRs: 100: 12.04, 400: 54.83, 800: 2:23.5, 5K: 19:27

Top Top

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:17 am

Master Masters Athlete

Not to be flip, but you'll get your card when you get it. They've come as late as March or April even for those with multi-year memberships. One year in the last 10 it may have even been mid-summer. We keep hearing that USATF and its membership system are "in transition." The transition never seems to end. Last year the excuse was that they needed extra time because of the logo change. Don't worry though, it'll come some time before next December. In the meantime, just write down your number that you can pretty easily look up on-line and have it ready when you need it.

Supposedly the data base they have should mean you don't need to provide age verification again for Spokane, but it may be that you will need to a second time. Eventually you won't. I just don't know how long that takes.

I live in Maryland, so no clue when you'll get your newsletter, but I sure hope the Oregon Track Club Masters folks are getting ready to bid for the outdoor nationals again. I don't know a masters athlete who doesn't love going to Eugene to compete.

Jerry

Top Top

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Amazingly enough, my membership card just arrived in the mail today. Sounds like that is way ahead of the norm. Hope that continues in future years. :o

Top Top

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:30 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Mine came today also. Batch mailing for Oregon. :lol:

Top Top

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:52 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Add Missouri to the list of early arrivals - mine actually arrived on Jan 31!

Themiscrya

Top Top

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:58 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

I don't know if this is "early", but I got mine today also. So what are the two little extra "tags" for? It's not like I spend a lot of time giving out my membership number to stores with bar code readers.

- master

Top Top

Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:20 am

Master Masters Athlete

master wrote:
So what are the two little extra "tags" for? It's not like I spend a lot of time giving out my membership number to stores with bar code readers.
- master

I was wondering the same! Perhaps it's a way to have one's number on hand for those who don't carry a wallet or choose to place yet another card in said wallet.?.

Top Top