masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Hey, I just want to know if all the implements are available and provided at Nationals. If not, what can anyone tell me about traveling with them by airplane? Security issues or luggage issues? Can I carry on a discus if I want to?( although I would probably pack it) I don't really want to bring a javelin, but do I need to? I fully assume they'll have a shot or two. What about warming up if you don't have you own? Any issues there?

Thanks for your help!

Leigh

Top Top

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:15 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

My guess is that they will have "house" implements.

Am I the only one who can't find information on when implement weigh-in is?
I checked the website. Did I miss it?

Top Top

Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:27 pm

Master Masters Athlete

In championships, implements are impounded during weigh-ins. The officials deliver the ones that meet specifications to the field shortly before the scheduled event. They keep any implements that didn't pass until after the event. An athlete may use any approved implement delivered to the field by the officials.

Top Top

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:41 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

No, an athlete may not use any implement delivered to the field because implements owned by Masters athletes are exempt from the loss of identity rule.

Top Top

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:22 am

Master Masters Athlete

OK... First, the meet was a blast! The people I got to meet and spend time with these last 5 days were amazing!!! I brought my own discus in my carry-on(no problem with the airlines) and it didn't matter, as I bombed out in that event. I used a "house" red javelin that I wanted to steal after a 4m PR. The officials made it clear that we were not to use private implements unless the owner/athlete gave permission. In all events but the javelin, people who brought their own implements were happy to share them.

It was a great meet for throwers! Laser measuring, excellent officials and wonderful athletes! :D :D :D

Top Top

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:29 am

Senior Masters Athlete

Congrats on having a good meet, Leigh, and especially on your silver medal in the javelin! I hope you remember the manufacturer and model of the meet implement you used!

Top Top

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:54 am

Master Masters Athlete

Kevin

Thanks for the kind words and NO, I didn't even think about getting the info off the jav...darn!

Top Top