masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I recently moved up to the 50-54 age group and am in need of some hard-to-find 1.5 discuses and 6K shots to work out with. I was wondering if anyone ever considered setting up an exchange where we could buy sell or trade throwing implements when we change age groups? Anyone have any of these implements laying around that I could purchase?

Top Top

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:06 pm

Journeyman Masters Athlete

I lucked out when I was just weeks shy of 50, I was at our state championships and bumped into a 59 year old selling all his used implements. (of course, if the "throw college weight implements for life" movement catches on, as noted in another post, you might want to hang onto your stuff a few more years.)

An "exchange" is a good idea but logistics of geography might prove a hindrance- so my suggestion is to attend all the meets you can, and hang around the age group who has implements you can use, and see if they want to sell.

Top Top

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:28 am

Junior Masters Athlete

I hope you're joking about the "College Implements for Life" movement. I can't think of a better way to stop masters track and field in its tracks (or, rather, to see more masters athletes in traction) than to have us throwing the heavy objects!

I received a great email from a 65+ athlete who has several discuses and a shot for a very reasonable price, and, he offered to pay shipping.

I do like your idea of asking around at meets and plan to do just that on Sept. 20 at the Kansas Senior Olympics.

Thanks!

Top Top