masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:01 am

Senior Masters Athlete

Where can a guy get a javelin cheap? Like anything else in life, I want a decent product but at the least expensive price available. :)

Preferably, an 800g Javelin that will go around 90m/295' 1/4". :)

I live in Abbotsford, British Columbia which is right on the border with North Western Washington, about 40 minutes north of Bellingham, WA.

Thanks!

Top Top

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

Hey there:

This is your neightbour who lives down the road from you in Fort Langley, BC. And who also, over the last few years, purchased a couple of javelins locally.

You can buy a cheap, but serviceable and legal new 'practice grade ' javelin for about $100 from Skyline Sports in Coquitlam.

You could also probably buy a used javelin from one of the track clubs in the metro Vancouver area. Contact the Abbotsford Royals for starters.

Hope to see you at a meet near us next year,

Grant Lamothe

Top Top

Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Senior Masters Athlete

Hey! Thanks neighbor!

I will check out Skyline sports.

On another note, can you fill me in on how the local meets work for "pre-masters" athletes like me? I turn 34 in February of 2009 and am training (I am going to re-join my old club, the Royals), and would like to be competing, leading up to full Masters eligibility.

What is the indoor/outdoor situation like locally?

Thanks!
Cam Porter

Top Top

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Hi Cam:

Regarding your questions about local meets hereabouts:

As a pre-master you would be treated as an open competitor at most of the local meets. There are a couple of masters meets in the general area that include 30-34 and 35-39 age groupings.

The local indoor scene is pretty much non-existent. There are no indoor tracks in the Vancouver area, you'd have to go to Seattle or Kamloops for an indoor meet. There are several open and all-comers outdoor meets in the area and in surrounding places like Bellingham and Seattle and Kamloops/Kewlona. There are a limited number of masters meets, more common are all-comers meets that accomodate masters.

If you'd like, email me at hitech@uniserve.com and I'll pass on my phone number, or you could pass on yours to me, and we'll talk more about it.

regards,
Grant

Top Top