masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Master Masters Athlete

I was wondering with the shifting of the Outdoor Championships to Wisconsin if there was any movement on the Weight Pent. Championships. I notice the bid for these championships and others are still available and was wondering what was going to happen to them in different scenarios.
Scenario 1:
Last time I heard they were going to be on the west coast because of outdoor nationals being on the east coast and the Weight Pent Championships were just held on the east coast this year. So with the move of Outdoor Nats has plans for this been changed?
Scenario 2:
If the bid is still available that means, at least to me, that no one wants these? If they go without bids do they just cancel the events? If they are still taking bids, when do they decide and cut off the bidding process and award the meet to some one?
I'm just curious about this as I am new to masters track and I'm just trying my best to understand how things work in this organization. I'm looking to get more involved as I learn about the workings of USATF and masters track and as I get to competing and meeting more fellow masters athletes and become more of a part of this organization as I just became eligble last year. So any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input.

Top Top

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:59 am

Master Masters Athlete

As previously announced in National Masters News and elsewhere, the Weight Pentathlon, Ultraweight Pentathlon, Weight Throw and Superweight Championships are scheduled to be held in Portland, Oregon at the new Concordia University Throwing Facility the weekend of August 22-23, 2009. I'm not quite sure why 2009 hasn't been removed from the "open" years on the USATF website.

Bids are being actively solicited for the 2010 and 2011 meets and we expect to consider them at the Convention in Reno.

Jerry Bookin-Weiner
USATF Masters Throwing Events Coordinator

Top Top