masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

One of the members of my track club is attempting to break the US and World record in the 60 meter hurdles next week. He will be running in a USATF sanctioned college meet but it will be over the Highs. If he does this this, does he still get the record or does it have to be done on the lower hurdles in an official masters race?
Thanks

Top Top

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

dolomite wrote:
One of the members of my track club is attempting to break the US and World record in the 60 meter hurdles next week. He will be running in a USATF sanctioned college meet but it will be over the Highs. If he does this this, does he still get the record or does it have to be done on the lower hurdles in an official masters race?
Thanks

USATF and WMA age-group records are kept for specific distances, heights of hurdles and distance between hurdles. If the race your friend runs doesn't meet these specs, he's not running a contested race. That means he could break the listed M40 record in the 60m hurdles, but if he's running 42-inch hurdles instead of the mandated 39-inch hurdles for that age group, the record doesn't count. The meet also requires a USATF sanction and be auto-timed, of course.

Top Top

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:37 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Thanks. I guess we will know that he is on pace if he runs the time it over the 42's. Our next official race will be in Gainesville Fl in January. If he breaks it there it will definitely count.

Top Top