masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Master Masters Athlete

After several years of plantar trouble on my hurdle lead leg side, mine finally ruptured last year at a meet in Gainesville. After almost 3 months of down time I started my "comeback" and after several months still had trouble with the loss of strength in that foot and lower leg. I managed an ok season but lost about a half second from my peak the previous year. It will be a year in february since the injury and I still feel like I am not 100% despite getting orthotics and following a pretty good regimen of rehab. Has anyone experienced this complete rupture of the tendon and the loss of the arch as a result and most important...did you eventually recover 100% except for the change in the foot support. Any suggestions for strengthening the new tendonless foot will be appreciated. The one good thing is that the plantar fascittis is gone as the tendon disintegrated as a result of the injury. Sometimes I can feel it flopping inside the bottom of my foot if I do rolls and circles with that foot. Creepy eh!

Top Top

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 am

Journeyman Masters Athlete

Hi Jimmy

My therapist did wonders for me. I'll email you his name and phone number. And they take most insurance plans. He is a genius!

Gary

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:47 am

Junior Masters Athlete

A friend of mine also experienced the same injury, but he's doing fine now. I'll ask for his therapist's contact information. I wish you luck~
Dentists Santa Clarita | Dentists Rancho Cucamonga

Top Top