masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Fri May 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Master Masters Athlete

I would like to thank all my fellow competitors for all the well wishes and I still hope that I can run again by next season. The pain coming down my arm and through the shoulder region is like nothing I have ever experienced. Like a welders torch down the outside of my arm and spasms in my upper back that only valium can stop for a brief time. I am managing to get through my work day by holding my arm above my head as I show houses and with pain medication. I have had 2 courses of corto-steroids (not anabolic) and 4 weeks of physical therapy with little or no result so I hope Aetna will authorize the procedure that so many people have told me provides immediate relief and stabilizes the vertbrae where they go in through the front of the neck and replace the disc and stabilize the vertebrae with titanium supports. Has anyone out :cry: :cry: there had this procedure and I would love to hear your feedback. I am going crazy not being able to even jog but I have 2 kids I coach in the State meet tomorrow. I have been blessed to be a part of track and field. Thanks .

Top Top