masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:23 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Has anyone had the sports hernia surgery (laproscopic) and how long until you could actually work out/compete again. I have been putting it off but after Boston I could hardly sit up in bed or sneeze without severe pain. I tried to run after 5 days and can only manage a slow jog and I definitely can't hurdle. Anyone had the procedure?

Top Top

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:15 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Hey, Jimbo

Not sure what the difference is between a sports hernia and a nonsports hernia, but I had bilateral (double) hernia surgery about 15 years ago, and I recall the recovery was a bigger pain than the hernia!

When I told folks at work that I'd had hernia surgery, ALL the guys said: Been there, done that. (If you're a woman, you've been through this scenario if the procedure is a hysterectomy. You learn EVERYONE's had one!)

The bottom line: You spend a couple days moaning and groaning in bed (and lapping up the spouse's "Oh, poor baby!s") Then you feel a bit of discomfort for a week or so.

And then you forget completely about it for years -- or until someone brings up the subject.

Everyone comes back from these things.

Hang in there, champ.

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:37 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Soma is very very addictive and very evil! Withdrawls are some of the worst I have noticed!!!!! If any of you guys are using it I advice you all to withdraw from it now before it is too late. Also using too much of this medicine may slow the heart down and stop it.

Top Top