masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:22 pm

Master Masters Athlete

My Mac has a feature called Dashboard that contain a variety of fun programs such as web cams, ski reports, movie times, etc. One of the Dashboard programs is called Deathwatch, which predicts how many days you have to live based on your age, gender, and psychological outlook. The other day it said that I had 7222 days to live. This morning (Jan 1) I gained some days and now have 7566 days left.

Unfortunately, my predicted death day is March 13, 2028, which means I will miss the National championships that year. Hopefully, I will have won the World championships in 2027 and can die with a smile on my face.

Tom Fahey M60

Top Top

Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:39 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Tom

How did you gain more days... having a positive attitude and helping others? Just the thought of something out there that could guesstimate my demise makes my stomach churn! :shock: I won't be checking it out! Way too much information! You are a funny, brave man! Thanks for all your informative posts and good luck in 2008!

Top Top

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Master Masters Athlete

I heard an epidemiologist on NPR today discussing that the single greatest predictor of longevity is...education. This has been, apparently, proven to be the case all over the globe. You might have enough time for the 2009 games even.

M45 PRs: 100: 12.04, 400: 54.83, 800: 2:23.5, 5K: 19:27

Top Top

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Tom, I have it on good authority that your version of Deathwatch has new software, which would correct dates for athletic ability. Hence, your true death date is October 18, 2053 -- plenty of time to compete in that year's worlds (in the M105 age group).

Please update your software!

Top Top
  Profile WWW