masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Mon May 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Senior Masters Athlete

Put the affected foot in a icy-cold water bath post-exercise. It makes a huge difference. Try it and see for yourself.

Top Top

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Senior Masters Athlete

Training update. After several weeks of icing post-run, coupled with toe-spreader for 30 in the evening, and a night splint, I've dropped the post-run icing. For the past 3-4 weeks, it's been just the evening/night routine. PF pain is at a minimum. A few steps in the morning that are more stretching than injury pain, then I'm good. I've logged 35-40 miles/week through June with base-building. The PF is painfree during running.

I must confess to a little more than base-building, though. I've run two 10k races (36:10, 35:53), and a 3k (9:52) track race. I went in with modest expectations and efforts (time trial / extended tempo effort) and found the PF to be holding up just fine!

The toe spreader is a special sock I bought from an offer in the Sunday paper. It was more than a whim, as a friend talked about the need for toes to experience less restriction than a narrow toe box. So far, so good!

Top Top

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:24 pm

Junior Masters Athlete

I got a bad case of PF 3 weeks before Nationals. I couldn't even jog without pain. Went on YouTube and found multiple videos on how to tape your foot for PF. It was a miracle. With the taping I could sprint full out. Sprinted in 4 races at Nationals.

Top Top