masterstrack.com

The No. 1 site for masters track discussions

Login | Register

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:57 am

Junior Masters Athlete

hi my name is Joann and i have planter fashiitis . I'm a hairdresser and have worn ill shoes for years now and that has contributed to my plantar . here lately i have kept it under control until yesterday (I'm a kickball coach) i went to kick the ball and started to run when i heard a pop in my heel i stopped and my husband helped me walk off the feild ..but now it is swollen and i cant walk on it .. i have made an appt. with my foot doctor .. but my question is could i have ripped my planter?

Top Top

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Master Masters Athlete

Yes you have ruptured or torn the plantar! The key is the pop you feel and sometimes hear that accompanies the injury! I have been recovering from the same injury suffered on the 4th hurdle in gainesville florida on feb 7 and have just started wearing my custom orthotics which help with the fact that my arch dropped. The foot still feels weird after 2 months but I am learning to live with it. I had to miss indoor nationals and am still trying to get back to running full speed. Good luck with the rehab...pick up marbles with your toes, use an elastic band for resistance and move the foot against it etc. As for me I was just getting back on the track, went snow skiing and now have an inguinal hernia that may end my efforts for this year. Not my year..godspeed your healing.

Top Top

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:16 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Hi… that was great stuff..

Top Top

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:21 am

Junior Masters Athlete

Well i must say that this may be a huge problem to your heel because this might have cause your hard tissue in your heel to break or crack or tear...Well this may occur because you may be use to High heels. You should consult a doctor & start the treatment immediately.
third party logistics services

Top Top